Because it’s not from Russia or Ukraine! All sturgeon species from The Caspian Sea are critically endangered with a ban on fishing, hence caviar has not come from Russia in over 30 years. Almost all of the caviar distributed in the USA is currently from Chinese farms.
Read this article in Aquaculture North America published 3/7/22.
Did you know over 80% of caviar consumed in the United States is imported from Chinese farms?
Skip the middle man. Buy direct from Marshallberg Farm.
Marshallberg Farm is a family operated sturgeon farm, started in 2010. With over 80% of caviar distributed in the USA being imported from Chinese farms, Marshallberg Farm aims to break the mold and sustainably produce Osetra caviar right here in the USA.
Using new, state-of-the-art R.A.S. (recirculating aquaculture system) technology, we are able to raise our sturgeon without being dependent on an outside body of water (lake, river, pond, etc.). We recycle over 95% of our water, responsibly containing our waste instead of releasing it into the environment.
By using a recirculating system, we are not at the mercy of outside pollutants, and maintain full control of our water quality. This system is more like a water treatment plant than a fish farm. We filter about 1 million gallons a day, giving us the highest filtration possible for our fish.
Highest Filtration = Cleanest Water = Happy Fish = Best Caviar!
We are the only full RAS sturgeon farm in the USA, ranked a “Best Choice” for sustainability by the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch (seafoodwatch.org).
Unlike imports, we do not use borax or any other chemicals in our caviar production. We follow strict U.S. regulations for environmental, health and food safety.
SUPPORT SUSTAINABLE U.S. AQUACULTURE!
benefits of direct from farm caviar
AS YOUR U.S. PRODUCER, WE OFFER EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS:
• Small batch, freshly harvested caviar that has never switched hands or been in transit
• Higher grades of caviar that are packed to final tin on harvest day, never repacked or exposed to air
• Caviar made by an American business, strictly regulated by U.S. health and safety standards
• R.A.S. sturgeon farming methods that are ranked a”Best Choice” for sustainability by Seafood Watch
• No borax, hormones, antibiotics or other illegal food additives
• The best product for your money; by cutting out distributors, you get a fresher, better caviar for less!